Thirteen Indian vessels have safely transited the Strait of Hormuz since the onset of the Middle East crisis, Indian officials confirmed.
Mukesh Mangla, a representative of India’s Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, confirmed the development, Caliber.Az reports, citing Russian media.
“In total, 13 vessels have passed through the strait,” Mangla said, without specifying how many ships remain in the Persian Gulf.
He added that in the past 24 hours, two fuel tankers — Symi and NV Sunshine — successfully passed through the waterway and are expected to arrive at Indian ports on May 16 and May 18 respectively.
At the same time, Mangla said that the Indian vessel Haji Ali was attacked off the coast of Oman, resulting in a fire and sinking. All 14 crew members were rescued.
Earlier in April, India’s shipping ministry reported that at least 22 Indian-flagged vessels were operating in the Strait of Hormuz region, of which 20 were considered critical to the country’s energy security.
By Vafa Guliyeva