The Israel Defence Forces said its troops killed six militants from Hezbollah during an operation in Bint Jbeil.
“Earlier today (Friday), IDF soldiers of the Paratroopers Brigade under the command of the 98th Division identified and eliminated six armed Hezbollah terrorists who operated in Bint Jbeil, south of the Forward Defence Line in southern Lebanon,” the statement said.
The military said an exchange of fire began after the militants were identified.
“Following the identification, an exchange of fire began between the terrorists and the soldiers, during which the soldiers eliminated two terrorists,” the IDF said.
It added that troops then targeted the structure from which the militants had been operating.
“Subsequently, the soldiers struck the structure from which the terrorists had been operating. In the strike, the four remaining terrorists were eliminated. No IDF injuries were reported,” the statement continued.
The IDF described the incident as “an additional blatant violation of the ceasefire understandings” by Hezbollah.
“The IDF will continue to operate to remove threats to Israeli civilians in the area of the Forward Defence Line,” the statement said.
By Tamilla Hasanova