BAKU, Azerbaijan, March 21. The International
Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said it had been informed by Iran about
an attack on the Natanz nuclear facility, Trend reports.


According to the IAEA, no increase in off-site radiation levels
has been recorded following the reported incident.


“The IAEA has been informed by Iran that the Natanz nuclear site
was attacked today. No increase in off-site radiation levels
reported. IAEA is looking into the report,” the statement of the
organisation on X said.


IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi also reiterated his call for
military restraint to avoid any risk of a nuclear accident.


Since no concrete agreement was reached in negotiations between
the United States (US) and Iran over the nuclear program, the US
and Israel began military airstrikes against Iran on February 28.
In response, Iran launched missile and drone attacks on Israel and
US military facilities located in countries across the region,
starting the same day.







On the first day of the air strikes against Iran, Iran’s Supreme
Leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei and several high-ranking
military officials were killed. On March 8, Iran’s Assembly of
Experts elected Seyyed Mojtaba Khamenei as Iran’s third Supreme
Leader by majority vote.


From March 1 through March 5, the confrontation expanded
further, affecting several countries across the Middle East.


According to information, the U.S. side suffered losses of 13
dead and more than 140 wounded.


The ongoing conflict has significantly threatened the region’s
energy infrastructure and maritime transport. Oil prices have
surged on global markets due to heightened security tensions around
the Strait of Hormuz, prompting several countries to advise their
citizens to leave the region.