BAKU, Azerbaijan, March 6. Iran has pledged to
conduct a serious investigation into the drone attack targeting
Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan region, said Jeyhun Bayramov, Azerbaijan’s
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Trend reports.


Speaking at a joint press conference in Baku with Moldova’s
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mihai
Popșoi, Bayramov noted that he had several contacts with Iran’s
foreign minister regarding the incident and that the issue was
discussed with the utmost seriousness.


“The Iranian side promised that the matter would be thoroughly
investigated. We will wait for the results of this investigation,”
Bayramov said.








The Azerbaijani FM stated that he had also briefed his Moldovan
counterpart on the incident, emphasizing that Azerbaijan’s position
had been clearly communicated.


“I informed my counterpart about this unacceptable attack. The
minister shared his assessment of the situation. The position of
the Azerbaijani state was also clearly conveyed to the Iranian
ambassador yesterday,” he said.


Stay up-to-date with more news on Trend News
Agency's
WhatsApp channel