The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said it has been informed by Iran that the Natanz nuclear site was attacked on March 21, adding that no increase in off-site radiation levels has been reported.
“IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi reiterates call for military restraint to avoid any risk of a nuclear accident,” the agency said in a post on X, noting it is assessing the situation, Caliber.Az reports.
Natanz, Iran’s principal uranium enrichment facility located about 220 kilometres southeast of Tehran, has previously come under attack during the ongoing conflict. Satellite imagery from earlier strikes showed damage to several buildings at the site.
The Natanz facility was targeted by Israeli air strikes during the 12-day war between Iran and Israel in June 2025 and was later hit again by U.S. forces, according to Iranian officials.
The renewed attack comes as the three-week conflict shows no signs of easing.
By Sabina Mammadli