BAKU, Azerbaijan, March 1. Iran’s Supreme
Leader Ali Khamenei is alive and safe, Iranian Foreign Ministry
Spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei said in an interview with British
media, Trend
reports.


According to Baghaei, Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian is
also alive and safe.


Earlier today, Israel carried out a preemptive strike against
Iran (Tehran), saying it aimed to eliminate threats to the country.
Israel subsequently closed its airspace and introduced a state of
emergency restrictions, followed by a second wave of airstrikes on
Iranian territory. Shortly afterward, Iran also closed its
airspace.


It was later reported that the attack on Iran was a joint
operation by Israel and the United States. Donald Trump announced
the launch of a US military operation against Iran. Information
subsequently emerged regarding the targets of Israel’s strikes.







Iran then launched its first wave of missiles at Israel. Israeli
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also issued a statement following
the start of the operation. Reports later said a second wave of
missiles had been fired from Iran toward Israel.


Some time later, Israel declared a state of emergency. It was
also reported that Iran had attacked 14 US military bases in the
region. Later in the evening, Iran began a wave of retaliatory
ballistic missile strikes.