The Ministry of the Interior of Cyprus said the evacuation regime in the municipality of Akrotiri will not be extended after authorities conducted a detailed assessment of the current security situation.


In a statement, the ministry said the decision had already been communicated to the mayor of Kourion and the deputy mayor of Akrotiri, as per Caliber.Az.






Officials stressed that although the evacuation regime has been lifted, a heightened state of readiness remains in place, and authorities will continue to monitor the situation and reassess it regularly to ensure that additional measures can be taken quickly if necessary.


Civil defence teams will also continue their activities in the area and maintain patrols as part of precautionary measures.


The security measures follow an earlier incident on March 2, when an Iranian-made drone struck the British Royal Air Force base in Akrotiri, located in Cyprus.


By Tamilla Hasanova